Based on our evaluation, the best global registration results we are aware of are obtained by our variant of Rusu et al., which achieves 59.2% recall and 19.6% precision on our benchmark dataset. This page shows how to set up and run our variant of Rusu et al.
The code is hosted on github: https://github.com/qianyizh/ElasticReconstruction/tree/master/GlobalRegistration
See this page for compilation instructions.
To run the program, you do not need to compile the code. You can use our executable by following the steps below.
- Go to this page to download the package and set up the environment.
- Download a PCD package from the geometric evaluation page and extract it into a folder.
- Execute the following command:
> GlobalRegistration.exe <pcd_directory>
- The program will create a "result.txt" file once it finishes. It is a log file containing detected loop closures.
- Download the corresponding evaluation package from the geometric evaluation page.
- Run the following matlab code:
gt = mrLoadLog( 'gt.log' ); % file from the evaluation package gt_info = mrLoadInfo( 'gt.info' ); % file from the evaluation package result = mrLoadLog( 'result.txt' ); % file created by GlobalRegistration.exe [ recall, precision ] = mrEvaluateRegistration( result, gt, gt_info );